BREXIT AND EUROPEAN BRAND
On December 31 the departure of the United Kingdom from the European Union will become effective and this imply changes in European trademarks pending and registered.
As of that date, the Community trademarks will become two: a European trademark and another trademark that will be registered in the United Kingdom Trademark Office, respecting its seniority date and with the same characteristics as the original Community trademark.
Also, given that the brand will be unfolded in this way, it is mandatory to appear before the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office before September 30, 2021 in order to maintain the pre-Brexit rights in the English office.
How Brexit will affect your brand?
- Conversion of your brand into an international brand.
- A legal representative necessity in that country.
- Mark certification submittes to the United Kingdom trademark office.
- Maintenance costs changes.
How can we help you?
- Study and review of all your files to confirm the validity and next dates of action without any cost.
- Detailed advice in all cases.
- Professional and active monitoring of your trademark files.
- Update your corporate image in the Trademark Office if it has undergone changes.